Mode d'emploi et règles de sécurité
Cleaning and use
- Should the jar become blackened, extinguish flame, allow candle to cool, and wipe inside of jar with a paper towel to clean off residue.
- Glass jars are fragile, so handle with care. Do not use jars that are cracked, chipped or scratched.
- Wax may be left on the sides of the jar after burning. To minimize this, burn your candle 3-4 hours at a time, until surface is completely liquid. Some wax may still remain, and this is normal, and the amount varies with candle color, fragrance and the burning environment.
- Burn candle until ¾” of wax remains and discard, as glass may shatter. Do not refill jar with wax.
Maintenance of the wick
- Trim candle wick to 1/8” before lighting.
- To reduce possibility of smoking or sooting, keep wick trimmed to 1/8” at all times.
- Make sure the candle wick is centered and the flame never touches the glass.
- If smoking occurs, extinguish candle, re-trim wick to 1/8”, remove any trimmings or debris and relight candle.
- Our wick trimmers are available on our website, in the Accessories section.
Important burn instructions
- Always burn candle on a heat resistant surface, preferably on a heat and fire resistant candle holder.
- Burn candle in an area away from flammable materials, free from drafts and not near any other heat sources.
- Do not let matches, wick trimmings or debris accumulate in the jar, as this could be a fire hazard.
- To extinguish flame, place the metal lid over the jar, as this will minimize smoking.
- NEVER leave a burning candle unattended.